What is Micro Tunneling?
Micro Tunneling (or Micro Tunnelling) is a technique used to construct small tunnels.
What is the process of execution?
- There are jacking and reception shafts at the opposite ends of each drive.
- A micro-tunnel boring machine (MTBM) is pushed into the earth by hydraulic jacks mounted and aligned in the jacking shaft. The jacks are then retracted and the slurry lines and control cables are disconnected. A product pipe or casing is lowered into the shaft and inserted between the jacking frame and the MTBM or previously jacked pipe.
- Slurry lines and power and control cable connections are made, and the pipe and MTBM are advanced another drive stroke.
- This process is repeated until the MTBM reaches the reception shaft.
How can Micro Tunneling be used?
Micro Tunneling is a trenchless construction method used to install pipelines beneath highways, railroads, runways, harbors, rivers, and environmentally sensitive areas.
Which industries use Micro Tunneling?
- Oil and Gas
Some projects where we have executed Micro Tunneling
- Executed micro tunneling for Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd for Copper/Optical Fiber Cable laying.
- Executed micro tunneling for North Delhi Power Ltd for electric cable laying.
- Executed micro tunneling for Delhi Development Authority for sewer systems.
- Executed micro tunneling for Gujarat Gas Company Ltd for PE pipe laying network.